Tuesday 19 May 2015

Perpetuating the stereotype?

I have a separate email account that I use for flying related stuff. Thus most of my flying friends email me as local flight east rather than my actual name.

Any store accounts or the like which are flying related also go to that email account. It helps me keep track of all things flying related. Occasionally I forget that people don’t have my real name. Leading to some funny mail. More on that in another post.

Anyway the thing that got me started on this post was the usual amount of  emails that I get from various stores that I have done business with in the past. Informing you about specials and stuff.

I just got one this morning, inviting me to “Give Dad a gift he really wants” and then listing their Father’s day specials.

Well for one thing, I think it is a little dubious that amongst the items listed on your “specials” pages are sick bags (“happy father’s day, puke into this”?!) but worse is the fact that I don’t recall getting a similar email on Mother’s Day

Once again reinforcing the stereotype that only men fly.

Grrrrrr.




No comments:

Post a Comment