From reading my blog posts you might get the impression that I’m not a big fan of winter.
And you’d be dead right.
However, in all fairness, there are some good points about winter. Things that I either like or at least tolerate. Also, for various reasons, I’m having an easier time dealing with the weather in general this year, slowly conquering my fear of slipping on ice. There are many reasons that this whole concept is getting easier to deal with, maybe I’ll blog about it when I’m seriously short on material.
Anyways winter and good stuff:
· The ice on the lake is just amazing to watch. It is dynamic and ever changing: retreating and expanding. You could sit by the window and watch it for hours. Sometimes I do!
· Winter skies are incredible. Clear blue fading to orange at sunset. A sky lit up with orange and green and blue all at the same time. Pictures don’t do it justice; you have to see it to appreciate it.
· Hot tea tastes soooooo good in the winter.
· Curling up on the couch in Pjs under a fleece blanket while watching a good movie with RTH
· Ramen – ramen is a scrumptious winter meal. I’m talking about the proper flavourful stuff from a proper Japanese restaurant, not the salty packet crap. You can’t eat ramen in the summer but in the winter there is nothing better than a huge steaming bowl of noodles in a rich, layered broth
· Hot chocolate – preferably with the addition of baileys or amaretto or whipped cream. Or all of the above!
· Sitting in the window with a glass of wine in hand, watching a blizzard, knowing that you don’t have anywhere to go
· Knowing that it comes to an end – seriously you can’t appreciate spring, fall or summer if you don’t have the contrast of winter. Emerging from winter makes you see the world with fresh eyes.
Still sucks when it is in the minus twenties though!