Tuesday 23 September 2014

Helicopter funnies.

Whilst doing my preflight checks I heard the unmistakable sound of the local air ambulance landing.

Those things are loud!

They have the hanger next to us so I paused a moment to watch them taxi in. Sometimes they taxi, sometimes they hover.

They parked up and the whine from the rotors diminished somewhat (they take a while to spin them down completely, I think it has something to do with cooling them)

I watched as the two guys in the front got out and was relieved to see that they didn’t appear to be in an immediate hurry, no patient in the back.

I was vastly amused though, to see the fact that they were both carrying plastic bags from a local supermarket chain.

I’m sure it wasn’t the case but it looked exactly like they had just nipped out to do their grocery shopping.

I wanna get me that mode of transport to pick up some snacks!

In the meantime I’m hanging on for dear life to the wing strut, that rotor wash is fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment