Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Monday, 29 September 2014
Sunday, 28 September 2014
- Spend 5 minutes getting the random placement of light switches and the bulbs they control straight in my head
- Set aircon to its lowest possible temperature
- Pull back curtains to reveal what is inevitably a disappointing view of the hotels aircon units
- Bash my head on those stupid plastic things dangling from the curtains
- Spend 5 minutes trying to prod the Wifi into action
- check whether that is a fridge or a minibar
- open every single drawer on the off chance something interesting might be lurking inside
- Spend 10 minutes looking for an available power outlet. Someone has stuck a strip adapter to the side of the nightstand, crude but effective.
- Unscrew the back of the alarm clock. It was set at the wrong time; I think it is meant to auto pick up the time signal. It wasn’t and the hotel had, for some reason, screwed a plate over the buttons that allow you to alter it manually. Once I’d prodded the wifi into life, a quick search pulled up the user manual and a nail file took care of the screws.
Friday, 26 September 2014
Thursday, 25 September 2014
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Tuesday, 23 September 2014
Monday, 22 September 2014
Sunday, 21 September 2014
Bob didn't even comment at the time, presumably he is well used to the random assortment of noises that I emit during a flight.
Saturday, 20 September 2014
Friday, 19 September 2014
Thursday, 18 September 2014
No I really don't care about the Scotland England referendum thing.
I suspect each side will eventually get exactly what they deserve.
Not what they wanted.
But what they deserve.
The only amusing thing today has been watching Canadians try to figure out which side of the border my accent hails from