Tuesday 1 July 2014

A new one for me

I’ve mentioned that the flying is going to get quite intense now and sure enough Bob didn’t fail to deliver. A 1.4 hour flight hitting every manoeuvre that we think I need to sharpen up on.

Now I’ve had flights that have made my arms ache. I've sat on seats that have made my back ache. I’ve had flights where I’ve been on the rudder so much my legs ache. I’ve had flights that were so stressful that they gave me a headache. Hell, I’ve had flights where I’ve landed and dry heaved until my stomach ached.

But today we reached a new level of pain.

My eyeballs ached!

In an attempt to chip away at the last vestiges of instrument time I need, we are spending every possible moment we can with me under the hood. It takes a huge amount of concentration and a massive amount of quick visual scanning.


It’s tough on the eyes apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment