Thursday 5 June 2014

Hazardous journey

My trip to work is becoming a little more hazardous than usual. I mean the TTC is never exactly fantastic at rush hour to start with. My flying experience now means that I moan about the “lack of situational awareness” that people have. Seriously lady if you move 3 inches to the right we could fit two more people in here. That kind of thing.

MY journey could be worse. I get on the subway and cram myself right against the door, the doors don’t open on my side again until my destination. So I can kind of jam myself out of the way and avoid getting wedged under someone’s armpit (always a hazard when you are my height!)

The trouble, this time, is of my own making. I have invested in an app for my phone the make some constructive use of my 40 minute commute and study for my written exam. It appears to be working quite well. I’m consistently well above what I’d need to pass, and I can get it to just fire 10 questions at me, small bursts little and often seems to be working.


But I do get engrossed in it and three times this week, I’ve failed to notice that I’ve reached my destination. No I didn’t miss my stop, but I did miss the fact that the doors were about to open!

No comments:

Post a Comment