Tuesday 24 June 2014

Enjoying it while I can

A solo flight today, my last I suspect, for a while. Not that I’ve done anything to make Bob revoke my solo privileges (although he did threaten to when I was procrastinating over my written exam, I’m still not entirely sure how much he was joking). No it’s just that I’ve come to the conclusion that there isn’t as much value in the solo time now that I’m so close to my flight test. What I need now is the feedback, the brutally honest critique of my flying technique, someone to judge me as an examiner is going to judge me.

Solo flying no longer holds any fear for me; I don’t need to prove to myself that I can do it. What I need now is to pass my flight test. And I’m well motivated to. To be honest I’m starting to resent the airwork I have to do each lesson. I don’t enjoy throwing that plane around like that. I like flying. I want to fly to places. If I never have to do another power on stall, well that’s fine by me!

I took a moment in today’s flight to just enjoy the physical sensation of being in the air, of flying a plane. Taking the time to enjoy the scenery and the view, to contemplate just how far I’ve come.
Things are about to get very hectic flying wise, intense even, and I don’t know when I’ll get the chance again.

It sure is beautiful up there. It helps to remember the end goal in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment