Friday 9 May 2014

That time of year.

Spring has definitely sprung. Gone is the threat of snow. We have plenty of rain but it is no longer preceded by the word “freezing”. And the winds are predominantly from the east.

Which means 08 is the runway of choice. When I started my training, it was Spring. I spent months where 08 was the only runway I knew. It came as a little bit of a surprise when RTH told me that 26 was the primary runway at the airport.

I still prefer 26 over 08 because of the run up area, but I’ve learnt to live with 08.

As well as a swing in the winds, this time of year usually signifies a change in my mood as well. One of the joys (?) of working in a school is that everything is very cyclical. For us this time of year is busy and confusing. Busy because we are effectively wrapping up the school year and confusing because I’m already planning for the next which means I’m working in 2 different academic years simultaneously.

I’m also gearing up for my summer conference, which is insane on an international level.

It’s also the time of year when I start to get mightily p!ssed off at work. Being over worked and underappreciated isn’t new, but for various reasons I feel it more this time of year than any other.

Which is why, despite not being 100% confident. I’m pushing to get my final solo cross country time in. 

So that I can at least feel like I’ve achieved something there.

No comments:

Post a Comment