Friday 25 April 2014

Philosophical musings.

After our dual cross country flight, Bob in his own, sweet gentle way prompted me to “review my radio calls” for certain scenarios. This was his way of politely drawing my attention to the fact that most of my radio work on that flight was of an appallingly low standard.

I couldn’t argue with that, I know that when I’m stressed, the English Language is the first thing to exit my brain.

His final reminder to me was “just go back to the basics if you are stuck. Remember WHO you are, WHERE you are and WHAT you want.”

I couldn’t help myself, all the tension, fear and frustration of the previous flight came spilling out and I started giggling uncontrollably.

“I’m sorry,” I explained “but philosophically I think those are a little too deep for a simple position report, don’t you?”

Bob may or may not get my sense of humour at times. I think he was mildly amused. I found it totally hilarious. I warned him that it’d spawn a blog post.

After a high demand flight like that my brain is so scrambled that you’d be lucky if I could tell you where I lived, let alone what my life goals were.

At the moment I’m struggling with the basics like pointing the plane in the direction I want it to go, philosophical musings will just have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment