Friday 17 January 2014

Apologies to flight services.

I’m really really sorry that I was constantly bugging you before my last flight. I’m sorry that I phoned you no less than 4 times in the space of an hour or so. I apologise for the fact that it got to the point where you recognised my voice.

I got really nervous about the reports of freezing drizzle, you see and despite the fact that I’ve been at this flying lark for a while now, this is really the first winter where the responsibility for making the weather call has fallen to me.

Ice on the ground frightens me; the thought of it in the air terrifies me. I’ve never had to deal with icing and quite frankly I never want to.  I lacked experience to make a judgement and was really relying on your expertise.

I’m sorry that the one thing I wanted from you was, of course, the one thing you couldn’t give. You can give me the numbers, interpret the forecast for me but I know the one thing you can’t do is make that decision for me. I have to make my own call.

I was very grateful though when you told me that we’d sent the freezing rain to Quebec for the French to deal with.


Thank you and sorry for bugging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment