Saturday 26 October 2013

It might be the wine talking…

..but I think I’m out of my funk and through the other side. It’s no secret that I’ve been feeling a little on the depressed side recently, stuff at work and home conspiring with the lack of flying to leave me feeling down and lacking confidence in my judgement. That and my usual drinking buddies bailing on me at the last minute. This isn’t the first time this has happened.

It’s funny how your body seems to know exactly what it needs to fix the problem. I had a day where I craved nothing but really sugary carb laden food. I went out in search of sugar laden donut rings, purchased and consumed probably too many of the aforementioned items. The next day I craved high fat food, I fell back on my standby comfort dish of poutine. Unheard of outside Canada. Basically a heart-attack-on-a-plate that leaves your stomach unsettled for days. I consumed said foodstuff and then fell asleep on the sofa (not an unusual reaction).  I woke up long enough to remove my contacts and transfer myself to bed.
I slept a solid 12 hours (really unusual for me, and I’m really not sleep deprived at the moment) and woke up feeling…… better for the lack of another description.

The weather is crap at the moment and looking marginal for tomorrows flight but I dunno, I seem to have accepted this.  I have no idea why I’m putting myself under time pressure.  Despite what I may think there is actually no deadline on me getting my license.
I have a fresh resolve to take each flight one lesson at a time. Let the weather do what the hell it likes, because me huffing and puffing is gonna have no effect on it whatsoever. And just enjoy the ride as what seems to be the entire internet is telling me to!

No comments:

Post a Comment