Tuesday 22 October 2013

A little down.

I don’t know if it’s the Fall weather, but I’m feeling a little down. Maybe it’s the weather cancellations, but they are fairly normal for this time of year, even looking back at my blog posts from this time last year. It could be the fact that although I swore not to compare myself to others, I see people overtaking me. Bob’s latest student has soloed and is happily churning out the circuits with utmost confidence, casually throwing in some speciality takeoffs and landings in a way I don’t think I could do even now.

Maybe it’s the way I feel mildly guilty every time I make a decision not to fly, even though I probably know it is the right choice.
It might be the guy from ground school that I run into on occasion. He’s got half the hours I have but has just done his cross country. It probably wouldn’t bother me so much but he was a bit of a dickhead in ground school and seemed to take delight in saying “what happened? I thought you were so much further ahead of me?”

Well in hours I guess I am, but, meh, I don’t know. I shouldn’t let it get to me at all. After all RTH took a while to get his PPL and he’s an awesome pilot; calm, collected and smooth.
I’ve actually taken the step of turning down the potential for a flight tomorrow. I’m tired and I don’t really want to be stressing about “should I, shouldn’t I”. Even if I do go outside of my solo currency. Again.

Maybe I just need a break, both mentally and in the weather.

2 comments:

  1. LFE: Forget about how others are going, it is of no consequence to you. We've all had moments during our training where we felt we were not progressing as fast as we thought we should have. This is a journey that must be savoured as you'll only get to do it once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have a large chorus of people telling me the same thing.
      I think this is just "Lack of flying depression"
      I'll snap out of it

      Delete