Saturday 6 July 2013

Headset hair.

I’m not a fan of hair salons in general. Unlike many women I’ve never reached the level of boredom required to consider having a haircut to be a recreational activity; but there are certain factors that come into play which mean I can no longer avoid the inevitable. Firstly because I dye my hair I get a root stripe. I can live with this until I see grey hairs in the stripe, then they have to go. Secondly and most importantly, I get headset hair.

Now understand I really don’t care what I look like whilst wearing the headset, I mean I have sunglasses, a GoPro strapped to my head and the aforementioned audio device on. No one can pull that off and look cool. It’s the fact that my hair gets blown around and wedged under various straps  and irritates my face. It also blows in the way when I’m doing my walkround.

Once that happens I have to bow to the inevitable and make that appointment to get it cut. To be fair my stylist is awesome in that she knows that I don’t like to mess with my hair. I don’t blow dry or style it, so she just gives me something you can wash and go. It looks pretty decent though.

She also likes to engage in aviation related small talk, once she found out that I was learning to fly. It’s nice but sometimes she fails to get the point. A typical conversation might go

Her: so can you just fly for hours and hours then?

Me: Sure, as long as I have enough fuel.

Her: So what if you just flew the plane off and away somewhere and didn’t bring it back

Me: I’d run out of fuel, eventually

Her: but what if you decided to fly across to England or something

Me: I’d run out of fuel

Rinse and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment