Wednesday 5 June 2013

Talking to myself.

High workload flight today. Strong and gusty crosswinds, the flight deliberately designed to be challenging. As far as Bob is concerned I’ve shown that I can do standard circuits solo no problem, so now we need to start pushing the boundaries.

And push them we did, I got a thorough workout, both physical and mental. Crosswinds take physical effort in manipulating the controls and mental effort to keep your concentration up. Also they take a lot of swear words! Although this could just be me.
I was talking a lot during that flight, as well as the “woah”s and other exclamation type noises, I believe that I may have taught Bob some new swear words! Seriously though I kept up a constant stream of non-stop talking. Some of it profanity based, some of it cursing myself out for not keeping ahead of my altitude or airspeed but interestingly enough none of it really aimed at Bob.

Yep I spent the entire flight pretty much talking to myself. Believe it or not, it helps. It helps me keep track of what is going on, musing aloud about what I need to do, about how to fix the situations I find myself in. I’m not really asking Bob for help per se, but I’m letting him know what’s going on both inside the plane and inside my head.
Seems to be working, but I could probably do with toning the language down a tad.

No comments:

Post a Comment