Thursday 27 June 2013

Positivity

I’ve said this so many times but attitude is everything; whether you are talking literally about the angle of the plane or figuratively about your mindset.

People with a positive attitude are fun to be around. Quite often I can be mistaken for being a little negative, I think Canadians struggle with the dry British wit sometimes! Many people at work though have commented about my manner when I talk about flying. I’ve progressed beyond boring my friends with every mundane detail but they often ask me questions because they like to hear someone talking with such passion about a subject. I’ve been told my entire face lights up when I talk about flying, even the challenging lessons, and the mistakes, the hurdles still to overcome. Positivity is contagious in a really good way.
Bob is a positive person, he really loves what he does and it shows. I was mildly concerned today. He’d had a heavy workload flight wise. An intro flight, an instructional flight to Buffalo with a couple of students, me sandwiched in the middle and then RTH and another student back to Buffalo again (more about that trip in another post). To be honest I was a little concerned about whether Bob’d be up for our flight. He walked straight in from his Buffalo flight, confirmed that I’d done the walkround and then launched straight into our briefing.

“You can take a break if you like,” I said. He looked puzzled “you’ve been on the go since God-knows-when this morning,” I pointed out.
“But this is fun!” He replied. Seriously the kind of flight that wipes me out for the rest of the day and leaves me a hot sweaty mess, is Bob’s idea of relaxation. Being in the cockpit with someone like that is a joy and a privilege. The same goes for RTH as well, his excitement about his upcoming Buffalo flight and our long term flying plans is totally and utterly contagious.

Good people to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment