Wednesday 29 May 2013

gulp

It’s funny (and not in a ha-ha kind of way) how my emotional state goes up and down depending on the proximity of an event. I’m at the moment contemplating the fact that I plan to go down to the flight school after work and sit the “pre solo to the practice area quiz” and get it out of the way.

Up until a few days ago I was raring to go, eager for the next stage in my training. Keen to push myself that little bit further. Determined that this time I’d go for it without all the angst involved in my previous solo attempts.
And so there I was primed and ready, thoroughly briefed by Bob and confident that I have what it takes. Then I started reviewing some of the material that Bob had gone through with me. Some of the less obvious stuff that I can’t work my way to an answer, the stuff that I need to memorise, a lot of which is the schools procedures and restrictions on students. One of the questions goes along the lines of “what is the maximum duration of your first solo flight to the practice area?” Fine, Bob and I discussed that, it’s one hour. My mind was obviously contemplating this as I wandered around work. In fairly quick succession the following thoughts occurred to me

·         Hmm cool! I’m going to get an entire hour of Solo time in my logbook in one flight! Nice!

·         Wow 1 hour represents 50% of my total solo time to date

·         A lot can happen in one hour

·         Oh crap, someone is stupid enough to contemplate giving me a plane to myself for an entire hour.

 So there we are, I have a horrible knot in my stomach and I can feel the anxiety levels rising. It'll gradually get worse until i get this solo-to-the-practice-area monkey off my back. Then once I do it I'll be back to "I-can-take-on-the world."

Looks like it could be a while though , we are into spring storm season at the moment

Sometimes I put myself through the most unnecessary crap.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment