Wednesday 15 May 2013

dodgy 80s band

 
 
Seasonal issues this lesson, mainly involving a dodgy 80s band.
Confused? Meh, maybe a tad obscure. The fine folks above formed “A Flock of Seagulls”
I’ve noticed, even sitting in my condo, a big increase in the amount of bird activity around the airport in the last few weeks. Big flocks of the buggers dive bombing around the place.  I have a turbulent relationship with creatures of the avian variety. Last year, much to the amusement of my friends, there was a bird that lived in some trees on my way home. It used to dive bomb me. It drew blood once. I used to walk home carrying an umbrella; hell bent on beating the living crap out of it, if it came close.
This lesson, on top of the workload caused by a reasonable crosswind, I had to deal with ATC pointing out the location of every single bird in the vicinity of the airport. Now while I appreciate them doing this, I’m not exactly sure what they want me to do with the information. Believe me if I can’t fend off one solitary blackbird on my way home from work, when I’m walking and reasonably agile. I have no freakin hope of avoiding them while I’m in the circuit. And if they do decide to pay me a visit; well a flock of them brought down a commercial airliner.
My Cessna ain’t gonna stand a chance.

1 comment:

  1. "And I ran, I ran so far away,
    And I ran, I ran all night and day,
    I couldn't get away..."

    Sorry, it had to be done.

    ReplyDelete