Sunday 28 April 2013

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

Today’s flight was exhausting in so many ways; I mean I’ve had flights before where I’ve felt a bit worn out, where my mind has slowed down or my head started hurting but today was something else. I literally got out of the plane on shaky legs and with a distinct inability to think anything through. I stared at the timesheet from the plane blankly, knowing I needed to do something with the numbers but not entirely sure what.

Bob took pity on my confused look and kindly transferred them onto the flight and billing sheet for me. J from dispatch gently prompted me to put my card in the slot, after it became apparent that I was just going to stand and stare at it! Hey he could have billed me for anything but I trust the guys there.
Bob gave me a few minutes to collect myself and whatever thought processes I could muster before heading into the room for our debrief.  I slumped into the chair and looked at him, realization suddenly dawning on me; “you’re never going to let me reach my comfort zone, are you?”

“No, if I do, then it’s just a sightseeing flight” he replied. I may have muttered something under my breath about enjoying sightseeing.
It looks like the gloves are off then. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Obviously Bob reckons that I can do this stuff, he’s probably figured that the best way to stop me stressing about the small, stupid stuff is just to throw it at me. Without warning.

He’s probably right. Please don't tell him that though!
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment