Friday 5 April 2013

A rant to all Americans who think they are the centre of the known Universe


·         Please don’t leave me a voicemail telling me you are from xxxx school district – I have no idea where that is, or indeed what you expect me to do about it.

·         Linked to the above – if you don’t tell me a location don’t get p!ssed at me when I can’t figure out what time zone you are in and return your call at an inconvenient time

·         If you insist on paying by cheque* then please for the love of god tell me the goddam name of the person you are paying for. I’m dealing with hundreds of registrations here. I don’t have time to do the detective work to match this crap up.

·         Also linked to the above quoting my own account number back at me on the cheque, in lieu of an invoice is not helpful. At all.

·         Finally; and this really is THE most important thing in the universe, ever. I hold a special place in hell for people who write professional correspondence in Comic Sans font. I seriously want to hurt you. Very badly.

Yes it has been a fun day at work!


* We have many ways of paying money now that don’t involve stupid pieces of paper. I give you many many options on my carefully orchestrated website. So if you are going to insist on using technology from the 18th Century then at least spell the bloody word right!


No comments:

Post a Comment