Thursday 28 March 2013

Random musings from ground school.

It’s been almost a year since I sat in the “hanger of doom” as part of a ground school class. I can’t honestly say that I miss it! And for the record Bob I did not “like it so much the first time round that I decided to sit it again!”

I went because Bob was teaching the class on “theory of flight”. This is physics stuff, actually quite interesting and as you know I kind of rate Bob pretty highly in the teaching stakes, so I thought I’d check out the class.  I’m glad I did. I don’t think I’ll be going to the rest of the ground school though, even if this was a nice smallish sized class (with none of the testosterone addled idiots that populated my class). I may go back if Bob is teaching anymore stuff though. I enjoyed the session but my mind did wander on occasion. Some random musings for you:

·         I think the person in front of me has failed to get the point of the name place cards. His is facing TOWARDS him!

·         I wasn’t far off with my guess as to the ratio Male to Female wise. 9 people 2 women. I make that 22%

·         How the hell do people whose first language is not English cope with this stuff?

·         We are a tough crowd; he’s got another engineer and a physics teacher in the audience!

·         Oh shiny planes moving! Let’s take a sneak peek in the hanger, oops now other people are looking; sorry!

·         Ok it makes a world of difference when the person teaching you actually knows and cares about their subject rather than doing this because they have to. I’d never considered that way of looking at that particular point.

·         I’m tired and my brain hurts, how the hell did I manage this twice a week for 7 weeks?
As we left the hanger and I made my way to the ferry, I was greeted by the following site, which always helps me remember just what I’m doing here. It is truly breathtaking


No comments:

Post a Comment