Friday 8 February 2013

I’m going to own this flight.

I have decided, because I’m fed up of the winter blahs and my general “woe is me” attitude. That the next flight I’m simply going to own it. No matter what we do, circuits or practice area. I’m just going to take control.

I will fly that damn plane to the very best of my ability.

I will pretend almost like Bob isn’t there.

I will make the decisions

I will navigate us to the practice area*

I will make the radio calls, getting our position correct and if I need to negotiate with traffic for space I’ll do that as well

I will think before I speak on the radio, so that I'm not stressed out by saying something stupid

I won’t freak out unduly at the thought of doing power on stalls where the wing drops!**

I will get some awesome video footage

I will say yes in response to Bob’s “did you want to try ……”

I will go solo if conditions permit***

I will believe in me!

 

* Obviously if we are staying in the circuit I won’t do that. That would be silly!

** Again, area dependent. If this happens in the circuit then I’m probably right to freak out!

*** If the weather is within the flight schools limits then I’ll do it. No chickening out!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment