Friday 18 January 2013

Success finally- third time lucky

Today this referred to both my efforts at landing and filming.

Yes, on the minus side it took me three bloody attempts to land FJPM back at city today, no excuses just poor altitude management.  On the plus side, however; I finally got my shiny new camera working and managed to film my entire flight from City to Oshawa and back. Complete with the obligatory up-the-nose “is it working?” shot J, tres unflattering!
The camera is seriously awesome, now that I have it figured it really is just click and go. I didn’t even spend any time playing around with the angles or anything. I just bunged the headstraps on and went. I’m bloody impressed with the sound pick up as well. Unlike LiveATC it picks up all my side of the radio calls and probably too much of the ambient conversation in the cockpit*.

Reviewing my flight was a little weird. Kudos to RTH for sitting through an hour or so of video that probably isn’t that interesting to anyone else. The video of the flight looked a lot more relaxed than I actually remember the flight being. Which again means I’m probably better at this flying stuff than I think. My landings are pretty good I think and there didn’t seem to be anything on the video that made RTH wince outwardly ;). Either that or he’s very good at hiding his horror! Of course it also lets me see stuff that I don’t have time to appreciate when I’m the one actually flying. The view of the scenery is good, the view of Bob’s hands being nowhere near the controls, not so much!



* for this read me swearing, mostly at myself. I also didn’t realize how much I say “sorry” in the cockpit. I’m not sure who I’m apologizing to! I also need to stop saying "ummmmmm". It is bloody irritating!

No comments:

Post a Comment