Wednesday 2 January 2013

Obligatory resolutions post.


1)      I will view at least one METAR report every day and decode it from the raw feed. I’ve gotten lazy by pressing the “decode” button on my phone. This won’t work in my exam

2)      I will attempt my PPL written exam by the end of February

3)      I will have more confidence in my own abilities. I can do this

4)      I will continue to video all my flights and review them afterwards

5)      I will attempt to get rid of all my irritating little verbal quirks * that lead to a less than professional demeanour in the cockpit. This means

a.       No swearing

b.      Stop apologising

c.       Let up on the use of inappropriate humour to cover my nerves

6)      I will enjoy myself!

7)      I will stop being so hard on myself. I’m no better or worse than any other student

8)      I will continue to fly as often as I can manage (and afford)

9)   I will continue to bore my friends with blow by blow accounts of every lesson! Sorry!!

10)   I will continue to blog.

 

Let’s see how it goes.

 

 

* As endearing as my quirky Brit sense of humour and use of colourful language may be. It does kind of leave the impression that I’m bumbling along and not really sure what I’m doing. This isn’t what anyone wants to see in a pilot. Not the examiner, not your passengers. Reviewing video of my flights, as well as the inevitable cringing at the sound of my own voice. I've discovered I really do have some irritating verbal habits. I’ve also come to realise that it’s not that other people learning know more than me, or can fly better than me. But they do leave the impression that they do/can. I should work on this more. I should know this from work, fake confidence can go a long way to make people take you seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment