Wednesday 5 December 2012

Taxing Taxiing

Actually not so much today. Despite the plane being in a reasonably tight space I got it out without hitting anything! Even with my constant “how am I your side?” line of questioning, the truth was I had it under control. Ikept up a good pace and reasonable directional control right up to the run-upspot. Considering I was on runway 08 which doesn’t really have a discernible run-up area like 26 does. I found a good spot to tuck it into and face around into the wind. I even managed to swing it round correctly to line up facing thetraffic at the hold short line.

Still need to work on the control inputs to compensate for the windwhile taxiing but I’m a lot happier manoeuvring the thing on the ground than Iever have been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment