Thursday 20 December 2012

Ideas above my station (or why I need to stop watching trashy TV).

It would seem that I’ve developed a bit of a taste for this flying stuff. As well as watching any crappy TV that is vaguely aviation related that I can find, I’m also looking at various different types of aircraft and thinking “hmm, gotta get me a front seat ride in one of those”

I think I might have taken this a bit too far last night when I caught myself thinking that about a DC4! Highly unlikely I feel!!
Seriously though I get kind of excited that one day I may have the transferrable skills that might enable me to have a bash at some of these other types of planes I see around. Now I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a fan of glass cockpits but I do like shiny planes. Basically at the moment, if it has wings I wanna fly it! Except for helicopters. Helicopters are stupid and possibly defy the laws of physics. I don’t like helicopters.

I may have to cut down on the trashy aviation TV though. With learning to fly has come a certain amount of knowledge. I’m no expert but now I know enough to realise how over dramatized a lot of the stuff is.  I can understand that this is meant to provide entertainment but the last straw was when they described one of the planes having to do a “risky manoeuvre” called a “touch and go.”
I must be more of an expert than I thought then because I do, on average, 6 of those “risky manoeuvres” a lesson.

I had no idea I was so skilled, so where’s that DC4 again? I might take her for a spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment