Monday 17 December 2012

39 pages

I was mildly optimistic for a while. Bob promised me a step-by-step guide to figuring out the Navigation stuff. I had visions of a little cheat sheet that I could laminate and stow with my general flying kit. A bullet point sheet of steps to follow.

I got mildly excited when I saw the email. It almost made up for the fact that the weekend weather wasn`t going to allow for any flying. I took a quick glance at it and gulped. It looked kind of complicated, but the iPhone has never been the best medium for viewing word docs so I waited until I got home, praying that the issue was formatting and not content.
Then the full horror hit me. What I was expecting was a quick guide, what I got was 39 nightmare pages of hell.

39 pages
THIRTY NINE PAGES!

In aviation speak -  three-niner pages!
Seriously, you’re talking to a girl who still navigates her way round her home city by following the moving dot on her phone. I don`t recall orbital mechanics classes at university requiring that much math. I have a better chance of calculating the orbital parameters of a GPS satellite than actually finding my way without using one!

I think I may just quit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment