Sunday 4 November 2012

Kind of looking forward to doing something different

I’ve spent a reasonable amount of time in the circuit, becoming more and more comfortable with being in the plane.  A lot of the stuff that I did in the practice area that I felt I struggled with makes a lot more sense now. For a start I’ve finally figured out how to use the trim wheel to trim the plane properly.  This means that when I review the “slow flight” stuff it should be a whole lot easier.

Spending lessons flinging the plane round the circuit has been incredibly valuable, the repetition is exactly what I need to develop some motor skills but at the same time , its never the same conditions, so it has forced me to develop decision making skills as well.
Having said this though, I’m kind of looking forward to getting out of the circuit a little bit. Now that I have some confidence I’d like to revisit the “upper airwork”. Especially now that I feel that I’m the one flying the plane rather than the plane flying me.

Of course the problem with that is I may have to do some navigation and that brings a whole load of its own issues with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment