Tuesday 27 November 2012

Got me a new toy!

I’ve mentioned before that I like shiny gadgets and aviation lends itself to a lot of potential new toys. I have a whole wish list of things I’d like (yes, a plane is up there on the “if-I-win-the-lottery list*) but seeing as my numbers never seem to come up**, I’m resigning myself to the lesser items.

Like this one

 

It’s a Go-Pro Hero 2 camera. A tiny little video camera that comes with various options to mount it, including a head strap (how cool is that? Literally a bird’s eye view!) And a giant suction cup*** that means you can fix it to the dashboard of something (like a plane for example).
Yes I have plans to attach this camera to either myself or the plane and get me some flying video shot. I’ve already co-opted a colleague with serious video editing skills to help me with this project.

Woo Shiny things. I am excited!

  

* RTH reckons we should buy a place to live first, but he has strange priorities!

** Apparently you have to purchase a ticket in order to be in with a chance of winning

*** It is rated to about +/- 5G or 100+mph. It also sticks nicely to balcony doors and then takes an idiot husband 10 minutes to get it off

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment