Monday 29 October 2012

The sky is falling

If you watch the news at all you’d be forgiven for thinking that the apocalypse is about to strike in the form of Hurricane Sandy.

Meh, by the time it gets to us, it’ll merely be a “post tropical depression”*, there will be high winds and a fair bit of rain and Union station will probably flood (again!). I’m sure people are panic buying as we speak. My 72 hour preparedness kit consists of a power tank that we usually use for powering the telescope and ensuring I have enough chocolate in. If the flood waters ever reach our condo, then I’ll get worried!
There’ll be no flying for me this week. I hadn’t realised how much the winds have picked up until I saw a Porter landing sideways. At the moment the crosswind component is gusting 29 knots.

It’s going to get worse


* I probably should know what this means but to me it just sounds like what you get on returning home from Hawaii.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment