Tuesday 2 October 2012

Still making the effort to be in command

So my attempts to be less passive and take control of the situation are still going strong. After spending a little while between lessons fretting about scenarios I didn’t feel 100% comfortable with I decided, yet again, to take control of my own learning. So I went to my lesson equipped with a list and told Bob I want to practice this, this and that. As it turned out those were exactly the exercises he had planned for the lesson anyways! Still it doesn’t hurt to vocalise this stuff. He’s not a mind reader and this is my learning experience. No one else’s.

I read a lot of random stuff about flying, every article, every accident report, every flippant comment on the web all get me thinking about situations. Thinking about what the person in question did, what I would do, what I should take away from the article/story/comment. It is good practice. I have a note file on my phone now, so that every random question that springs into my mind gets recorded so that I can ask someone about it later.
It is no good investing money in this, if you are not going to invest the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment