Saturday 20 October 2012

Ok, so what just happened?

I don’t even know where to begin about today’s flight, for a start I wasn’t even sure it was going to happen. Right up until the point I got to the airport, the forecast was calling for clouds at 800ft. I can’t fly in that. My circuit altitude is 1250ft, and I really need the clouds at least 500ft above that. Add in a marginal crosswind and a deteriorating forecast. It wasn’t looking good.

But I agreed to meet Bob down there, because I’m kind of desperate to fly, at the very least to keep my skills fresh. The conditions weren’t too bad, cloud was a lot higher than they predicted and the skies were clearing, so we gave it a bash. The variable winds put me off my game a little, with some scrappy approaches where I let the speed bleed off too much and a couple where I was too low.
In fact my flying was so bad that Bob decided he’d had enough and got out!

YEP!!!! Despite all of the above somehow I managed to fly my first solo today. But you’ll have to wait for the next post to hear about that ! (mainly because I’m still trying to figure out in my head what the hell happened!)

No comments:

Post a Comment