Monday 8 October 2012

My own worst enemy sometimes.

Seriously this is so true. Today’s flight was under strong wind conditions (gusting at least 25 knots) and it was a bit bumpy up there as well. Regular fans will know I don’t like that stuff, at all.

I really felt the high workload today. It’s hard to explain but the plane is generally just a lot harder to fly in an accurate circuit.  Despite the cool temperatures I was working up quite a sweat and I was letting it get to me.  Which is stupid because I was coping just fine, from what I can tell Bob was doing his usual hands off stuff. Every single approach ended in a landing, no overshoots. Even from a slightly dicey approach I managed to salvage a reasonable landing. In fact looking back all of them were reasonable at the very least, a couple that even I would classify as good.
I know that I was edgy and not relaxed (unlike last time where I was having a blast). I was tensing up on every landing, expecting the heavy “thunk”, which never came, because I can actually land that thing worth a damn now.

So I have to ask myself was I not relaxed because it was hard work, or was it hard work because I wasn’t relaxed?
If it was the latter then I really am my own worst enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment