Sunday 28 October 2012

I’m not as special as I thought

When I started out this flying stuff, I assumed that I’d find it impossibly tricky and would struggle with everything and would find new and exciting ways to screw up and would just generally be crap.

Turns out that this is not the case. I’m really not as special as I thought. There isn’t anything I’ve done, felt or messed up that someone else hasn’t done already.
Out of us three girls who sat together during ground school, I’m the first to solo. I genuinely am amazed at this fact.  I know that they both had to take time off for family and going home and stuff but I kind of assumed that they’d have their licenses and I’d still be trying to land the damn plane. Especially as one is on the fast track to wanting her CPL.

I’ve been reading a couple of blogs* of fellow student pilots from around the world (sort of an I’ll show you mine if you show me yours deal going on) and I’ve literally picked up phrases and thoughts from these that I could have written myself.
This actually bodes well for the next thing I’m dreading, the navigation and cross country. Maybe I’m not as directionally challenged as I think.

Maybe I’ll actually be able to do this.

 

*I will link to them if I ever figure out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment