Wednesday 17 October 2012

Don’t be a hater

As I’ve mentioned before normally I love the kind of weather we are having at the moment, the high winds and cooler temperatures make for ideal walking conditions. So I went for a nice long stroll along the lakefront for an hour or so today, to remind myself that flying isn’t everything. It also served as a gentle reminder that this time last year I could barely manage a walk to the streetcar stop let alone wandering along the lakefront for over an hour. Seriously less than 8 months ago I was struggling down to the lakefront holding my surgery swollen stomach in check and wearing my extra-large PJs ( the only clothes I could fit into!) whilst watching the planes at the airport out of sheer boredom.

Little did I realise that less than a year later, I’d be flying one of them. OK the weather might be bad at the moment, but this too shall pass. The winds will stabilise and I’ll be back up flying again soon. In the meantime life is good and I should reflect very postively on what I've managed to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment