Tuesday 18 September 2012

“This would be a lot easier…

…if you just gave me a plane that worked!”

This was my comment to Bob today during our pre-flight briefing. Now that he’s reasonably confident that I'm flying decent circuits he likes to mix it up a little and break things. As I’ve mentioned before we’ve touched on comms failure and practiced both flapless landings and engine failures.
Everytime we go out he knocks it up a notch. Today he simulated a comms failure by reaching over and removing my headset! So I genuinely couldn’t hear what he was saying to ATC and what they were saying to him. The engine is bloody loud without it! I could barely hear Bob over the noise. I ended up with a slightly high approach and had to improvise some hand signals to inform him I was going to overshoot.
It would also seem that I don’t get notice of engine failures anymore either. I think Bob got bored because there wasn’t much for him to do today, so he reached over and killed the power without a word to me or ATC initially. Thanks! Next time try Sudoku or something instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment