Wednesday 12 September 2012

That familiar feeling

Today I felt something that I haven’t felt in a while, rising panic.
This was quite a common feature in my emotional repertoire at the start of my training. Everything scared the living daylights out of me. Lately it had gone away though, to be replaced by what can best be described as mild amusement. I’d figured out that I’d screwed up before and nothing bad had happened, so I might as well enjoy the experience. Besides which if I went to do anything too stupid, Bob would save the day.
So why the sudden panic? Well look at the last sentence, and then look at the text message I got last night “If you have time this week, can you drop into the flight school and write the pre-solo quiz?”
You see despite my previous blustering about how I was ready for my solo, how I wanted to do it, that I was looking forward to doing it. It turns out all I really want to do is vomit*.

*this has nothing to do with the vodka I consumed last night either

No comments:

Post a Comment