Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sat in the wrong bit of the plane.

Just arrived back from my latest travels. I think the flying as a passenger thing is getting slightly easier. The flight out was OK-ish. Very smooth so not much to set me off. I don’t react to the changes in engine noise as much now, mostly because I know a little bit about what’s going on. I spotted that the engine noise got quieter as we levelled off from the climb and so on. I was fascinated during the approach to Dulles as I had a fantastic view of the flaps (this really is very sad isn`t it!)

The flight back wasn`t as good. For a start I was travelling with a work colleague (technically my boss). She attempted to coordinate our online check in so that we were sat together. This led to a potentially awkward situation. If I need to have a professional relationship with someone and am to maintain their respect level, then they can`t see me have a stupid turn on an airplane, it’s that simple. So I try not to sit with anyone I know (Sometimes I don't even sit next to RTH)
Luckily the flight was very empty, so she took the two seats on one side of the aisle and I took the other two, so not together but not too far apart either. The flight was a little shaky, some light chop. I`ve piloted through worse but it doesn`t stop me reacting to it. Anyways, she slept through the flight and I kept us from falling out of the sky by keeping a tight hold on the arm rests*

I`m getting better but I still don`t like being sat in the back part of the plane.

 *Any nervous flyer will tell you that the second you let go  the plane will instantly plummet into the nearest terrain!

No comments:

Post a Comment