Saturday 29 September 2012

Permit me to be a student

So I have a shiny new piece of paper to add to my collection. A Student Pilot Permit. Official recognition that I have managed to amass the following items, A PStar pass, a radio license and a class 3 medical ( and am 60-odd bucks poorer!).
Surprisingly enough it wasn’t passing any exams that proved the stumbling block, it was getting Transport Canada to be able to correctly spell my name and address. Attempt one was returned in the mail by Canada Post due to a lack of apartment number. Attempt two had my address spelt wrong and just for good measure half of my street name cunningly inserted into the field reserved for my middle name. This has now led to my friends at work calling me “Terrace”.

The student pilot permit allows me to fly solo while under the supervision of an instructor. That means Bob can tell me I’m allowed to go up on my own but I can’t just turn up and sign out a plane.
Of course all this begs the question, If I’ve only just been granted “student” status. What was I before? Ballast?

Because I'll tell you something , this "ballast" kicks some serious ass in the air !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment