Saturday 15 September 2012

Like a Cylon….

…. I have a plan*
So thanks to my very good friend E from work , who is devastatingly funny as well as being super smart and very competent at her job. She refuses to take me seriously at all and stops my general self pity and wallowing dead in its tracks, I now have a plan.
·         Item number one was to “get over myself” and concentrate on flying the plane to the best of my ability – check (had a decent flight despite cross winds)
·         Item number two – figure out what you need to know – check (painfully aware of this)
·         Three – find someone who knows about it – sorted (Bob and I are going to spend some time after my next flight going through the dreaded test. I’m going to ask him about the stuff I got right as well as the stuff I got wrong just to ensure it wasn’t luck!)
·         Four – carry on with the reading – I promise I will get back to this after our guests have left.
·         Five –Generally be more assertive about situations you are unsure of. (For example I knew that I didn’t have a copy of the flight school policies and stuff. I should have asked for one – so I did**)
·         Six – enjoy myself!!!! Luckily still managing this

* Actually when you look back at the whole run of Battlestar Galactica , they really didn’t!
** I found one in the back of the plane that someone had left behind and "liberated" it – but that counts right?

No comments:

Post a Comment