Wednesday 19 September 2012

I’m just a high tech, low tech girl.

I love gadgets, Shiny new technology is my thing.  I think the technical term is I’m “an early adopter of new technology”. Between us RTH and I owned the first ever MP3 player (with a whopping 64Mbytes of storage) as well as cell phones that resembled bricks. I had a hard drive MP3 player that was like a lead paperweight. We both own early versions of the Sony Reader (ebook) and at some point various iterations of Ipods,Ipad, Itouch and Iphones. I walk around with my Bluetooth headset and tablet pc and curse the fact that “From the Ground Up” isn’t available as a pdf. There are more computers than people in our house by a factor of at least 3.
So why when I see a glass cockpit plane, all brimming with new gadgets and computer screens, does it do nothing for me? I need to see big dials, with hands that move and gauges that rely on vacuum pumps. Switches that click and circuit breakers that pop.
I dunno , for some reason that’s what flying is to me. Weird huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment