Tuesday 4 September 2012

Frustration

Seems to have gone! It’s no secret to me or Bob that I had a couple of really frustrating lessons in the circuit. Nothing seemed to be working right for me and I just didn’t feel like I was making any progress at all. Looking back (and the fact that I can reflect on this is a good sign, it means my mind has moved on), I was dealing with two sources of frustration. Flying and work.

I’ll not bore you with the details about work but it was a very frustrating week time-management wise. A situation over which I had no control.  I’ve had to consciously make the effort not to let work bleed over into my flying.
On the flip side, my success at flying has had a positive impact on my attitude at work. I am a lot more confident (I never used to like to speak on the phone, now if I can do the radio stuff, the phone is a breeze). Ditto with challenging situations. Hey if I can land a plane with no engine successfully back on the runway in one piece, I think I can manage that spreadsheet you want!

Things are going pretty well flying wise at the moment, work however; is about to get bat-shit crazy. I am finding though, that a really good way to unwind after work is to go for a nice lesson around the circuit. Up there nothing else seems to matter J

No comments:

Post a Comment