Wednesday 5 September 2012

A distinct lack of Flare

…And no, I’m not talking about my dress sense! Self-analysis from last lesson suggests that I may be entering the Flare too late. I’m going to try and work on this. I did have another random thought though. My number of landings is becoming equal to my number of approaches.

 Let me explain. A colleague at work (actually my former boss) asked me a while ago how the flying was going. This is part of a larger story. At the time we were desperately short handed at work (two people off in the hospital). She was mock begging me not to get sick “take extra vitamin C, look both ways before crossing the street. Just don’t get sick or knocked over or something”. “Hmm”, I said , “bad time to tell you what my new hobby is?” She started slowly banging her head against her desk.

 Anyways I was joking with her and said “yeah I’m getting really good at landings, sometimes I manage two in one approach J” (referring to my habit of bouncing the plane). Well after last lesson with the go-arounds I had to do (really dicey approaches), I guess the ratio of approaches to landings is starting to even out!

No comments:

Post a Comment