Friday 7 September 2012

A Confession… the next thing I am terrified of.


OK so I managed to get through spins and stalls and spirals relatively intact and I reckon that one day I will nail those circuits and landings, so you might think I’d be reasonably happy at this point. Obviously my severely screwed up subconscious can’t let that situation last for too long so now I’m looking forward to the next thing to be terrified of. 

Ok folks, here we go. I’m terrified of getting lost.
This needs some careful explaining. I have no sense of direction what so ever, at all, not even the teeniest tiniest bit. I can still get lost in Toronto. I am perfectly capable of emerging from a subway station and purposefully and confidently striding off in the wrong direction for a good 5 blocks before I realize that I’m heading in completely the wrong direction. Worst of all, I start mixing things up in my head , persuading myself that Queen is obviously north of Dundas , so I must be heading the right way.

This is in a city that’s basically a grid, with a very obvious landmark. How the hell am I going to cope when they start letting me loose in that plane on my own and expect me to know where the hell I am? At some point I’m going to have to fly to other airports. At some point I’m going to have to find my way back!
Deep in my heart I know that I’m going to head out for Muskoka and end up in Buffalo L

No comments:

Post a Comment