Saturday 18 August 2012

The elephant in the plane


Despite being banned from mentioning the dreaded “Solo” word. It is very much the elephant in the plane at the moment. Bob and I both know that is where I’m heading but I refuse to let him even speak of it.
I honestly don’t know if I’m looking forward to the day or dreading it with the same level of panic that I previously reserved for spins. Part of me wants it to happen because it’ll be some kind of validation that even if I don’t manage to achieve my actual PPL I will at least have this. Another part of me thinks that anyone would have to be insane to even consider letting me go up in a plane on my own. I’ve never even driven a car on my own before.

There are a number of hurdles that I have to pass before I can fly solo. These include passing my PSTAR and radio licence exam (both done) and getting my medical (also done, waiting on paperwork). There are also a number of maneuvers/scenarios that have to be signed off by Bob before he can let me up on my own. I can’t help but notice that the sneaky so and so has been quietly signing them off, one at a time without saying a word to me.
My Training Record has become a ticking time bomb, and that’s never a good thing to have in a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment