Friday 10 August 2012

Stalking, talking to myself and other psychoses

So I’m probably in more serious danger than usual of losing the plot.
I appear to be:
stalking the mailman - no medical yet ….grrrr
haranguing the weatherman  - I will cry if it rains on Saturday, my first lesson in god-knows-how-long
talking to myself -  I sit in my window with my magic box, listening to ATC (primarily as a way of improving my radio work), so I also answer them back as well.
Obsessing about all things aviation based – including my dreams. I’ve always been a little on the OCD side.  My journey to and from work is a fine example. I like to sit in the exact same seat where possible. I know exactly where to stand on the subway so that when the doors open I’m directly by the stairs to exit etc. I get upset when travelling with someone else who doesn’t know where to stand! So anyways back to my dreams: When we were doing spins, for the next couple of nights I had a recurring dream where we were pulling the nose u p and up and the stall horn was getting louder and louder and then – just as we stalled and the wing dropped, I would jerk awake!
Currently I’m flying circuits in my sleep. Seriously! Just after the conference when I was stressing about the paperwork, I had this dream where I was flying circuits and trying to figure out how much each circuit cost and then filling in expense forms based on fractions of a circuit rather than $.
I really need to be back in the air (or in an institution!)

No comments:

Post a Comment