Thursday 30 August 2012

Reached the depths….

…of insanity. OK, I can’t believe I’m actually writing this. I think I may have finally lost the plot. I can’t believe I’m actually thinking this. So I’m gonna keep you in suspense until the end of the post!
I had a great lesson yesterday. That makes two in a row now. So not just a fluke! Again it was another lesson that I felt in control of that plane. I was showing it who was boss and if something went wrong I knew what to do to fix it. I even had enough brain power spare to discuss ways to improve my landings, while I was actually flying. Compare this to the person who started out not being able to grunt more than a syllable at a time. Seriously my entire conversation repertoire for my first 5 flights or so consisted of “Yep”, “Right”, “No”, “Ok” or “ got it” if I was feeling particularly adventurous! In fact last lesson I even had time to have a massive giggling fit in the middle of a simulated engine failure.
Ok, so I made some mistakes last lesson, but there were some fricken awesome approaches and my landings are slowly sliding down the Richter scale!
So what’s the big insanity moment? I WANT to go solo! I’m actually excited about it! I’m raring to go and I believe I can actually do this!
OMG, send in the men with the strait jacket!

No comments:

Post a Comment