Thursday 23 August 2012

Problems in common with a vampire….

….A distinct lack of reflection.

One thing that I’ve gained from the whole flying experience is a good dose of introspection. Normally I spend the couple of days after each flight reflecting on what I’ve done, what I need to improve on and how I’m going to achieve that.
The last couple of flights, not so much. I mean I know I need to improve things. My landings still show up on the US Geological Survey’s instruments in San Francisco  (I suspect they wonder why twice a week, every 6 minutes or so it looks like the Big One is just about to happen) but to be honest I’m not sure what I’m going to do about it.

It’s not a lack of enthusiasm per se, but I am feeling a bit flat (not as flat as my landings though). It’s just my mind doesn’t know what to do with the problem, so it’s ignoring it and refusing to even think about it. This may or may not be a good thing

No comments:

Post a Comment