Friday 13 July 2012

How to terrify a student

I think my instructor likes to deliberately terrify me….
.. no not by throwing the plane into extreme maneuvers or putting me in situations where I’m way out of my depth, but by little comments like “ So we really ought to think about you sitting your PSTAR and Radio exam so they are out of the way for when you go solo”
Or he’ll say something like “You’ll need to be able to deal with this on your own when I’m not in the plane beside you”
I never envisaged a situation where anyone in their right mind would consider putting me in sole charge of a plane.  Which brings up the even scarier prospect that my instructor sees in me something that I have failed to see in myself.
He obviously doesn’t see reason why I can’t do this, but then again he hasn’t been inside my head recently. It’s a scary scary place.

No comments:

Post a Comment