Friday 20 July 2012

Flying is like a mutant camel

Lots of humps! So far I have successfully overcome the following ones.

My radio exam – Passed first time, although I suspect it wasn’t my finest hour. I am deeply suspicious of a written exam for what is essentially a practical task. And I sat it straight after a very traumatic flight. Still it is done and passed.

My PSTAR – The 50 question multiple choice paper that you have to do before you are allowed to go solo. Passed first time using the WMAP’s patented “trivial pursuit” approach*

Spins – The thought of this lesson nearly made me throw up, let alone the execution


Humps still to go

Medical - Hopefully just a formality but delayed because my surgeon won’t return my calls about getting a copy of my report from March’s operation. Frustrating.

Landings – yes, worryingly I don’t actually have any experience of landing the plane yet. Soon hopefully!

Written Exam – Set by Transport Canada, various sections. A hell of a lot of reading. Valid for two years. No hurry just yet.

First Solo – I’m in both high anticipation and dread of this moment. May be sooner than I expected. Possibly half way there already. <cue hyperventilation>

Flight Test – Yeah right!
* the trivial pursuit method refers to the fact that no one who knows me will play the game with me. I have memorized all the science and nature questions. I just keep jumping on the green Qs.

No comments:

Post a Comment